Sunday, December 6, 2009






Friends & friends: I was in the Floridas, Wednesday, and saw these mountains covered with snow, and hiked all day to where water was running. One of the most impressive experiences of the SW NM desert is when it has lots of water flowing. There was a bit of wind, but there was also lots and lots of water. I hope this year could duplicate the 2005 wildflower season, which was "off the scale" in beauty. I normally go to the Floridas a lot between now and March. These mountains are rugged and a favorite haunt of Victorio's Apaches. The water coming down from the snow covered mountains would have sustained the Apache much longer than might be expected, since there was just much more water available in their time. The ability of these people to live in such rugged country is astounding, but I hope you'll see how beautiful the snow melted water is as it comes from everywhere on a day like Wednesday. Hopefully, you'll find some peace and serenity in these images. There was even snow on the "Little Floridas," which Cheryl's mother owns. I was surprised by that. There is a spring on the east side of the Little Floridas that perhaps Cheryl's mother would let us visit, if people were interested. The water's probably stopped running there by now, but I'll keep my eyes open for another serious snow storm or rain (changing to snow) down there in the next few months. It's not really all that cold if you're in the sun. Tentatively, speaking @ Friends of Rock Hound State Park in January. If anyone wants to see some of the incredibly beautiful wildflower photos I took in 2005, let me know. That was a year that was just beyond belief in desert beauty.
May You All Be Held In The Light Today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jerry,
The snow on the Floridas looks beautiful. I hope the moisture portends a wildflower season like the one I remember about 4 years ago. I couldn't believe the rivulets of yellow-orange running down Cooke's Peak. Up close I realized these were the wild poppies!
The website has evolved since I last went to it. I like it very much.
DJ

December 10, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home