Sunday, December 13, 2009

Good Old Grateful Dead ...

I'd be remiss in not posting that I'm a long time Deadhead. I listened to the Dead, probably, for the first time, sometime in either 1967 or 1968, when back "home again, in Indiana," on convalescent leave from Army hospitals. I was badly wounded in Vietnam and either was sent on convalescent leave from an Army hospital in Pennsylvania, or, later, when I was hospitalized with malaria, while in Kentucky.
Smoking pot in those days wasn't a big deal.
By the time I was discharged from the Army, I was a confirmed Deadhead. I had bought the first album somewhere in there, and was later to get the classic, "Anthem of the Sun," which had the standard Grateful Dead Acid Head long jam kind of playing that I loved so much. It was the beginning of a long, long relationship with the Grateful Dead.
Even today, I listen to a program named "Deadpod," which provides some superb Grateful Dead concerts (some of the 2400 or so shows the played). I'd recommend that Deadheads with iPods, or iPod Classics,or iPhones, go to iTunes Store, and go to "podcasts," and down load all of those Dead shows the "Professor," plays every week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home