Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Second Hot Spring








I posted earlier in the week that recently, I learned there's a second warm spring near the famous War Spring
just west of the Monticello Box.
In 2002, I visited Ojo Caliente for the first time. It was that same time when my friend, Bob Bissett, and I, that we found what looked like a "crow's nest" like assembly of rocks on one of the large peaks looming over the Box itself.
In a series of reports I read on the Army's attempts to corner Victorio, in the period before the Victorio Band finally broke away, and made life miserable for everyone on the American & Mexican sides of the border (i.e., circa 1878-1880), I read where Victorio may have actually been on that peak, where the rock "crow's nest" is located, and challenged an Army officer to come up and parlay with him.
These are some photos of those objects.
I include photos taken of the second "warm spring" that confirms that the term "Warm SPRINGS" is also
legitimate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home